Pages

17 August 2009

healthy choice honey ginger chicken

...tastes like dog food.

This is the first healthy choice meal I've had that's been inedible.

Lots and lots of rice drenched in a "honey ginger" sauce that overall tastes like the pedigree dog food that I give zim.

the sauce has some kind of kick, though, as well as some sort of sweet.

there aren't a lot of veggies in this one, oddly enough. a few strips of rubbery, almost fleshy, carrots, a handful of soybeans, and some mushy bell pepper are in the mix, as well as a heap of shaved mushrooms. Bleh. even though I'm not a fan of mushrooms, I taste one anyway. it tastes like nothing.

The chicken is the most 'real' chicken I've had yet. doesn't taste like it's had anything added to it and there's a surprising amount of it. shame, then, that it's so dry and has the added dogfood taste to it.

cal:310
fat cal: 45
sodium: 310 mg; 13%

Contributors