Pages

12 August 2009

hc steamers sweet & spicy orange zest chicken

Calories: 300
From fat: 40
sodium: 16%
Prep time: 5 minutes

MINT. mint, mint, mint. That's all I can smell in this damn thing.

...that's all I can taste too, damn it.

Peas are overcooked to the point of mushy, falling apart nastiness, but the strings are tough and inedible. Rice is still steamed to perfection and pretty good. Lots of scallions which are kind of tough, and some finely cubed red pepper and carrots. Both are mushy.

Chicken is the standard issue, soy-protein-beefed-up chicken that was in the LAST cafe steamer I ate. Still tender, if not a little chewy. This is the only thing that doesn't taste like mint. Thank God.

The sauce is supposed to be sweet and spicy, but I'm not getting too much spicy or sweet. All I can taste is mint, which isn't even on the ingredient list.

Contributors